- Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 1:30 p.m., an Intergroup meeting at 100 Chestnut, Hinds Square Building, Suite 112 (Come in south door, it’s the first door on the right.) We will elect three new officers at this meeting, and our bylaws require you be in attendance to be elected. The officers are Region 3 Representative, WSBC Delegate, and Intergroup Treasurer. (Diana was elected to an interim position, but this is for the normal two-year term.)Qualifications required for Region 3 Representative: “should be selected folr willingness to serve, commitment to the Twelve Stes\ps and Twelve Traditions of OA, with at least six (6) months current abstinence and working the Twellve Steps of Overeaters Anonymous.”
Qualifications required for WSBC Delegate include at least six (6) months current abstinence and others set out here.
Qualifications for Treasurer are set out at the Bylaws tab Article IV Section 3 and include 6 months current abstinence.
- Friday, October 30, 2015 at 7:00 p.m., a Fifth Friday Speaker meeting with a speaker from Austin at 100 Chestnut, Hinds Square Building, Suite 112 (Come in south door, it’s the first door on the right.)
- There will be NO 5th Friday meeting December 31st.
- Friday, January 29, 2016 – 5th Friday Meeting at 7:00 P.M.
- Saturday, January 30, 2016 – One Day Workshop directed by our Region 3 Trustee, Vicki W
- We host the Region 3 Assembly and Convention in Abilene April 15-17th at Hilton Garden Inn.
The Abilene Tuesday evening group has moved to Exodus Metropolitan Community Church, 1933 S 27th Street. It has established a policy of meeting no matter what the weather may do.
The Abilene Wednesday morning meeting, as announced in the previous post, is meeting at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Vogel and will not meet when AISD cancels classes because of the weather.
Other groups are invited to establish weather rules and let the webmaster know so those can be posted on the website.
Also, Abilene is putting together a city-wide list of members with the purpose of making that available to newcomers who may want to reach out beyond the group they have attended for sponsors, for telephone contacts, etc. That list will be prepared for any of the OA Big Country locations that want to do so, and you may use this Abilene OA Contacts (blank) (making appropriate changes for the town name.) Again, email the webmaster for help with this.
- 1) Check off which meal you prefer. Then mail your check or money order in the amount of $28.00 to:
Nita K, Overeater Anonymous Big Country Intergroup Treasurer (OA-BCI, Treasurer)
1802 Castle Drive
Clyde, TX 79510
- RSVP to PIPO@OABigcountry.net
- call phone # 325-338-5793
Each month with a fifth Friday, beginning August 29, 2014, and continuing on October 31, 2014, Big County Intergroup of OA will meet at 7:00 P.M. at 100 Chestnut, Suite 112, for a speaker meeting. We will have local and out-of-town speakers, and everyone is invited. It is an open meeting so you may feel it an appropriate one for someone thinking about joining our fellowship.
Welcome to the revised website for Overeaters Anonymous in West Texas. BIg Country Intergroup is made up of OA groups from Abilene, Buffalo Gap, Lubbock, Midland, and San Angelo. We are a part of the worldwide fellowship of OA whose website is OA.org and specifically members of Region III which consists of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah with intergroups from Scottsbluff, Nebraska, and Torrington, Wyoming. The Region III website is OARegion3.org.
If you’re looking for OA and live within our Intergroup, we encourage you to go to the Local Meetings tab and find the meeting that best suits you. There you will find a phone number and first name for an individual who can tell you about that meeting and about OA in general. We welcome your calls. Feel free to contact the webmaster at OAStepper at gmail.com.