Important Intergroup Meeting Saturday
We will meet Saturday, November 5, at 1:30 at Hinds Square. 100 Chestnut, Room 112, Abilene. Election of officers and other matters will be considered. We need EVERYBODY! Please consider taking a leadership position and come with an open heart and mind.
Our Bylaws say (click to read):
Region 3’s Next Assembly/Convention
Keep Recovery Weird – Fall 2016
For details visit the The Heart of Texas OA Intergroup Convention and Assembly page here.
- Online Registration – Fall 2016
- Friday, September 9th through Sunday, September 11.
- Wyndham Garden Hotel
Tri-County OA Workshop
Workshop at New World UMC, 2201 North Davis Dr, Arlington, Texas 76012. Registration begins at 12:30pm.
The next Intergroup meeting is October 1 at 1:30 p.m. In addition, the day before…or evening before there is a 5th Friday meeting at 7:00 p.m. on September 30. Both are at the 100 Chestnut, Hinds Square Building, Suite 112(Come in south door, it’s the first door on the right.)
Monday Noon Abilene Meeting
On Labor Day, Sept. 5, the Monday noon meeting will be at Shades of Hope.
OA Big Country hosted region 3 for the Spring, 2016, Convention and Assembly. Those of us closely involved can tell you lots of things that went wrong…but many as well that went far better than we had any right to expect. This is your opportunity. Most of our posts are without a comment box, but this one has one. And we REALLY WANT you to use it. But to preserve anonymity, you’ll need a username. You can use anything you want. Some people can use their email description…for instance if your user name matched an email address of broomstick, we’d be pretty sure who you are! But if your email address gives away your last name, please make a username of first name, last initial or something else we’ll recognize. But if you want to be anonymous from us, as well, go creative.
In the comment form, after you create your identity, please tell us what you liked, what you learned, and what you’d suggest for other planning committees.
Again, we are grateful to you for making this work!
Now, use this link to register, then until the 20th of May, you can comment. The first comment is monitored for not-us users, then you can discuss at will. The link: http://oabigcountry.net/wp-register.php.
Download this schedule to have the weekend’s activities as close a your cellphone or other device. fullsize program
Big Country Intergroup will welcome Region 3 of Overeaters Anonymous in Abilene at the Hilton Garden Inn for a Business Assembly and Recovery Convention April 15-17. Please feel free to print the material and distribute it far and near! And plan to COME!!! And sign up to help, too!
You’ll find a new tab on the menu here and you can share this for all the news: http://oabigcountry.net/r3/
Brochure: Reaching Out Our Hands
- Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 1:30 p.m., an Intergroup meeting at 100 Chestnut, Hinds Square Building, Suite 112 (Come in south door, it’s the first door on the right.) We will elect three new officers at this meeting, and our bylaws require you be in attendance to be elected. The officers are Region 3 Representative, WSBC Delegate, and Intergroup Treasurer. (Diana was elected to an interim position, but this is for the normal two-year term.)Qualifications required for Region 3 Representative: “should be selected folr willingness to serve, commitment to the Twelve Stes\ps and Twelve Traditions of OA, with at least six (6) months current abstinence and working the Twellve Steps of Overeaters Anonymous.”
Qualifications required for WSBC Delegate include at least six (6) months current abstinence and others set out here.
Qualifications for Treasurer are set out at the Bylaws tab Article IV Section 3 and include 6 months current abstinence.
- Friday, October 30, 2015 at 7:00 p.m., a Fifth Friday Speaker meeting with a speaker from Austin at 100 Chestnut, Hinds Square Building, Suite 112 (Come in south door, it’s the first door on the right.)
- There will be NO 5th Friday meeting December 31st.
- Friday, January 29, 2016 – 5th Friday Meeting at 7:00 P.M.
- Saturday, January 30, 2016 – One Day Workshop directed by our Region 3 Trustee, Vicki W
- We host the Region 3 Assembly and Convention in Abilene April 15-17th at Hilton Garden Inn.